ArtWise 1 Visual Arts 7-10
This new edition of Artwise: Visual Arts for the Australian Curriculum is specifically written to address the Visual Arts learning area within the Australian Curriculum. It provides a stimulating resource for students in Years 7 to 10, with a broad range of Australian and international artists, and a balance of traditional and contemporary examples. The overall sequencing of chapters demonstrates a progression in difficulty of subject matter, which allows teachers to dip in and out according to the year level and ability of their students in order to work towards the appropriate Australian Curriculum Year level standard. Artwise: Visual Arts for the Australian Curriculum incorporates an offering of integrated units that provide the optimum teaching balance between the Australian Curriculum: The Arts strands of Making and Responding within an overall thematic framework. Each unit is begun with a range of suggested Making tasks that use step-by-step instructions to guide students through their own creative process. Sample student works and a wide range of works (practices) from recognised artists allow students to investigate these and find their own inspiration. The Responding strand allows students to analyse the viewpoints offered by the artworks, with Self-reflection activities on the eBookPLUS placing the student at the centre of the learning experience, setting goals and evaluating their learning.
- Addresses the Visual Arts learning area within the Australian Curriculum: The Arts
- Delivers a flexible approach to meet the needs of students from the introductory years 7-8 to elective years 9-10
- Begins with an introductory chapter that covers safety and basic art techniques
- Presents graded and carefully sequenced units that integrate Making and Responding strands
- Provides step-by-step instructions for students’ own artwork
- Presents a wide range of artists and their practices across traditional, contemporary, ATSI and Asian sources